Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
K3 Starcom is a trading name of Starcom Technologies Limited. Starcom was established as response to increasing demand from our customers for a specialist provider of the fully managed services and private hosting services for corporate IT departments. Starcom is a Tier 1 Direct Microsoft CSP Partner, with 5 UK datacenters and 80 staff covering three locations, with the proven capabilities, knowledge and experience to deliver next-generation business computing solutions.
K3 Starcom is a wholly owned subsidiary of K3 Business Technology Group plc, K3 has grown steadily, both organically and by acquisition, since coming to market in 2001. With the resources of the group, plus top level access to Microsoft products, strategy and expertise at our disposal, starcom is in a strong, ongoing position to offer our customers cutting-edge cloud computing solutions tailored to their needs, providing significant business advantages and delivering real returns on investment. At the same time, we continue to drive our own performance through constant innovation and a growing customer base.
The Channel Development Manager is a hybrid role, as well as working in a new business development capacity, this person is also responsible for working with internal K3 businesses evangalising the K3 Managed Service and hosting messages and working with the business to understand the market and position the K3 MSP offering. The CDM will be targeted on bringing in new business and new customers either directly or indirectly. Working with the Sales Director and the rest of the sales teams on lead generation initiatives and following the sale through to close. The CDM will have sufficient product knowledge to ensure they can talk and communicate to clients in detail without always having to rely on Pre-Sales Consultants.
Once an order is signed the account may be managed for no more than the first year of the contract after which the customer spend and potential future opportunities will be reviewed and either the CDM will continue to manage the account or it will be passed to the Account Management Team.
- Create and win new business and promote all of K3 Managed Services and Cloud products and services
- In conjunction with the marketing team carry out marketing campaigns to generate opportunities in line with your vertical and targets.
- Build an effective and strong pipeline that always has enough opportunities in it to meet sales targets
- Represent and promote K3 MSP & Cloud and its products/services in a professional manner
- Increase the awareness of K3 MSP & Cloud in its chosen target market(s)
- Increase exposure of K3 MSP & Cloud within identified strategic relationships
- Own the relationship and integrity of business with new & existing customers, developing and maintaining relationships with senior level contacts
- Provide input and feedback to assist in the delivery of effective marketing and pricing programmes
- Achieve sales targets & KPIs
- Develop good working relationships with the sales team, other departments and divisions
- Ensure correct procedures and processes are followed
- Take personal responsibility for and actively engage in product, systems and skills training and development
- The CDM will have a successful track record in finding, winning and managing new customer’s business, within SME Private or Public organisations.
- You will have a good technical understanding of Hosted Service, Network Infrastructure, Storage Solutions and Microsoft Software Solutions and will understand the challenges businesses face in regard to these environments.
- The successful candidate must have experience selling a combination of, or all of the following.
- Private Cloud Services
- Public Cloud Services
- Managed Service
- Enterprise IT server, networking and Virtualisation solutions
- IaaS, PaaS, DRaaS and other XaaS solutions.
Ideally based in the North West in commuting distance to the Wigan office. However, UK wide for the right candidate. Some home working allowed.