New Business Sales
Reporting to the Sales Director, the New Business sales person will perform a key role within K3 for all new business activities relating to Microsoft and Dynamics products.
Responsible for ensuring that our value proposition is clearly articulated to potential customers and thereafter there is a clear activity and close plan in place for each major opportunity.
Responsible for a software revenue target and an overall new business sales target. Ensuring the highest quality of opportunity management, bid management, proposal, information sharing and handover, deal closure.
Being part of a new business sales culture which works closely with services and technical teams to ensure that the solution sold to the customer is deliverable at the required quality levels and within the prescribed timescale. Ensuring all sales executives play a full role in the sales and operational planning activities.
A new business revenue target will be agreed each year and then broken down into targets by product and each perspective new account. The New business salesperson will work closely with the Sales Director and internal teams to provide the necessary activity to achieve the new business sales target.
This will include but are not limited to -
- New business marketing activities, campaigns, events, networking
- Agreeing the sales and activity plans with the Sales Director / marketing
- Facilitating and supporting the sales cycle, including working with the Sales Director to ensure the K3 Sales Methodology is adhered to
- Arranging for pre-sales support and ensuring pre-sales standards are maintained
- Supporting the completion of ITT’s, reference visits, providing case studies and other sales collateral
- Liaising with other teams within K3 to ensure the new business opportunity receives all of the necessary support required
- Collating activity, market and competitor data
- Briefing, liaising and working alongside the Head of Sales Enablement as and when required to ensure new business opportunities receive high quality, bespoke demonstrations. Feeding back constructively to the Sales Director where standards are not maintained and providing recommendations for improvement.
The new business sales role will require an ongoing education in software sales and continual updates of events in the manufacturing industry. In addition a knowledge of competitor activity is essential.
New sales Identification
The new sales role requires an ability to work alongside the marketing team to identify prospective new business sectors and individual targets for new business. For each targeted account a plan should be written to detail the required activity to obtain each piece of business and the overall potential value resulting from K3 investing in the opportunity.
To create and report all new business opportunities in Salesforce.com and keep those opportunities updated based on client feedback and your activity.
You will also be required to attend a regular (usually monthly) one-to-one meeting to present your activity plan and progress in closing all activities. Where additional support is required to close business you should detail time, cost and effort for each activity.
To provide reports to the Sales Director on an ongoing basis of -
- Sales forecasts for the next three months
- New business expectations for a rolling 18 month period
- Analysis of GAP (to half year or year-end) between target and forecast with initiatives to close
- Activity reports for all new business targets
- Opportunity and funnel analysis for sales process with respect to new sales opportunities
- Short weekly and monthly activity reports
- Overall responsibility for the upkeep of data in the Salesforce.com CRM system
- Market analysis, opportunities and competitor activity
These reports are largely set up in the companies CRM system (training will be provided)