Senior Project Manager
Due to our continuing success and growth, K3 are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager in service delivery. A Project Manager is appointed to all K3 projects and acts as the single point of contact between the customer organisation and K3.
K3 are looking for strong leaders to work within a defined project management framework to deliver successful projects that K3, our customers and the project manager can be proud of.
The Project Manager is responsible for achieving the customer satisfaction, revenue, profit and quality standards for their assigned projects and includes K3 appointed sub-contractors where applicable.
The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the project, including the organisation, governance methods as well as the administration of projects including the use Microsoft Project for scheduling and control purposes.
In addition to managing customer projects K3 Project Managers will also work on internal business improvement projects and support the Professional Services Manager in developing and improving business practices.
- Day to day management of the K3 project team.
- Succesful deliverable management, within quality, time and budget constraints
- Customer stakeholder management at all organisation levels
- Communication with all project stakeholders.
- Commercial awareness / responsibility
- Regular progress reviews and reporting of progress against plan and budget.
- Maintenance of the project plan and the management of changes to the plan where necessary.
- Ensure that K3 processes are followed at all stages of the project
- Risks and Issue Management, including escalation through the agreed channels where necessary.
- Change Control Managment, via the agreed change control process.
- Ensuring that quality checks are performed throughout the project.
- Ensuring that all stage approvals annd authorisations are obtained before moving from one stage to the next.
- Timesheet approval management
- Maintenance of the project file.
Skills & Experience
- Formal training in Project Management
- Knowledge and experience of structured project management methodologies
- Use of project management software.
- Project Management experience in a retail environment
- Understanding of Retail ERP systems.
- Software supplier / partner experience – Retail or ERP.
- Management of budgets, preferably application of Earned Value Budget Managment models
- Exposure at board level management levels.
- Responsibility for or involvement in, business improvement programmes.
- Knowledge and experience of MS Dynamics D365 preferred.
- Knowledge of hardware/technical infrastructure architecture relative to ERP implementations.
- First and foremost can demonstrate leadership skills, both internally within the K3 team and externally across customer and partner teams
- First class communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships
- Commercial awareness including responsibility for customer facing commercial activity
- Presentation skills. Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated and results driven.
- Able to work on own initiative, be self-motivating and make own decisions with minimum of supervision.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, prioritise work load to meet varied and demanding deadlines.
- Good time management skills.
- Confident in own ability and able to contribute effectively to business development activities.
This role is home based, but the candidate will be expected to be mostly present on customer site, with frequent visits to the K3 office in Milton Park, Didcot, Oxfordshire, although K3 are flexible if required. All the roles may involve travel to client sites throughout the UK and Europe and you may be required to spend periods of time working from client sites. Full driving licence is required.
Must be willing to travel to Customer sites anywhere in the UK (and potentially abroad).
Normal Hours of work: 37.5 a week, Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.30 with an hour lunch break or shift system depending on application.